Friday, March 18, 2011

The Proposal

We dated for about 6 months, it was the best summer of my life! Brock was enrolled for BYU Provo and the plan was to keep in contact but not try to do a long distance relationship and just see what the future held. As the time for Brock to leave got closer and closer the more it became uncomfortable to imagine dating anyone else. We had become best friends. We started talking about getting serious. We even went ring shopping on one of my visits out to see him. Then October 17th 2009 Brock got down on one knee and popped the question.

I was in Utah again visiting Brock at school.  He had planned a fun date night for us, we were gonna go dancing :D I've always had a bad wiggle bone or two and dancing is the perfect remedy. Before we could go to the club though Brock had to run a few errands on campus, the library, the ATM... I was not dressed for the chilly weather and was anxious for us to get going. Brock wouldn't tell me where the last errand was but was walking toward the Joseph F Smith Building, it was dark and the fountain was lit up beautifully. I kept my quick pace trying to see what door he was headed for when Brock took his coat off and put it around my shoulders, put his arm around my waist to slow me down and his other hand crept into his pocket. That's when it clicked in my mind what was going on.

After that I got so excited I don't remember exactly what was said but I know Brock said lovely things and I said yes just as fast as his knee touched the ground...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love your blog and your love story. I can't wait to read more. Give us the rest of the story already!!! =)